Monday, May 28, 2007

Stamping on Tiles


I think I've finally gotten the hang of stamping on tiles. Okay, so it's not my favourite thing. I prefer card-making and scrapbooking, but I have a friend who asked my to do a class on stamping on tiles, so I had to figure out how to do it. It took a few (really ugly!) practice tiles - I won't post those because it's too scary. (By the way, you need tiles that are not glossy-finished. The ink will not stick to them!) I asked my upline, Sarah Hunter, for help. She is amazing! Here are the instructions:

1. Clean the tile with rubbing alcohol.
2. Stamp your image(s) with Staz-On ink (this stuff is permanent, dries immediately, and stains everything!). Heat set the images with a heat tool (embossing gun).
3. Color in the images as you prefer with markers, blender pens and ink or blender pens and pastels.
4. Heat set again.
5. After the ink is completely dry, spray the tile with acrylic finish spray. Once this is dry, your stamped images should stay!
6. Attach some self-adhesive felt pads to the bottom of the tile so it doesn't scratch whatever surface you set it on.

I have to admit that I have changed my mind about the whole stamping on tiles thing. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun, and I actually like the way mine turned out. (All images copyright Stampin' Up! 1999 - 2007.)

No comments: