Monday, May 28, 2007

Mini Scrapbook Tin



This is a project that I did for some ladies at my church's all-day scrapbooking event. It's a mini scrapbook in a business card CD tin (you can get these at www.scrapbooking.ca.) I had ordered the tins to decorate to hold my business cards, not realizing that it was for business card CDs, so standard-sized business cards do not fit in it! I didn't know what I was going to do with all these extra tins, so I modified an idea that I learned at a Stampin' Up! demonstrator meeting. There, we were shown how to make a scrapbook from a larger tin (the one that comes with the SU! Accents & Elements stickers). I thought it would be cute to make a mini one (purse-sized!).

All we did was trace the tin cover and insides onto designer paper (Stampin' Up! of course!) and cut these out. Then we sanded the cover of the tin and applied mod podge over the whole cover. Then we applied the paper to the cover and covered it with mod podge again so it set. For the inside, we applied the paper to the inside covers using sticky strip double sided tape. Then we made an accordion-style scrapbook out of Very Vanilla cardstock and adhered that to the inside back cover of the tin using sticky strip, making sure that it pulled open to the right. Then all you do is scrapbook the pages and fold them up inside the tin. You can embellish the outside as you like.

No comments: