Thursday, June 7, 2007

Baby Shower

My friend, Sherri, just had twin baby girls, so my friend, Jackie, and I are throwing her a baby shower. We had so much fun making all the table decorations and cards! We decided to make her a whole bunch of thank you cards so she can send those to people afterwards. As people come into the church (we had to use the church because we are expecting A LOT of people!), they will address an envelope to themselves so Sherri can send them a thank you later on. Here are the cards we made her:












We used the Buggies & Booties and Much Appreciated stamp sets with Pretty in Pink, Pale Plum and Whisper White cardstock. The "thanks" is stamped in Perfect Plum ink. We stamped the main images in Basic Black and colored them in with a Stampin' Write marker. We tried to keep the cards fairly simple since we were mass producing them (we made 50 of them - 25 of each)!

We also made a guest sheet to match the thank you cards. Guests will sign their names anywhere on the page, so Sherri can put the page in an album later.














Then we made little jars full of "baby" candy (jelly bellies, mini chocolate candies, etc.). We decorated baby food jars with designer paper, ribbon and stickers. I found the little booty stickers at Superstore (I think they're Sandylion stickers).










Then we made a "Tip Jar" so people could write their parenting advice to her. She already has two boys, so we thought it would be nice if people could give advice on raising daughters, or better yet, twins!


For all the jars, we cut a circle for the lid using the Creative Memories cutter. Then we adhered ribbon around the rim of the lid (I just used SNAIL adhesive). We put the paper around the jars using sticky strip. This paper is some stuff I found at Michael's a few years ago. We thought it was really cute!






Finally, I had to make Sherri some gifts as well. I made her this cute card using the "I'm Here" set. I used Pretty in Pink, again!, with Basic Black and Whisper White. I punched out the letters to spell the girls' names with the 1/4 inch circle punch, then adhered them with two-way glue. The main sentiment is from the "Buggies & Booties" set. I love that saying ("Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God")!

I also made her a jar of cards (of course!), using the Baby Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit. There are 24 little 3 x 3 cards in the jar for her. I tied the tag onto the jar with white organdy ribbon.


I know there's a lot of pink in all these items, but I have two boys, so it was a lot of fun to make girly stuff for once!

No comments: