Sunday, June 10, 2007

Father's Day Card

This is a card I made for my step-father for Father's Day. I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not! I think I like the top part, but I'm not sure about the lettering underneath. Oh well. Leave a comment to tell me what you think (but please be kind!).

I stamped the letters from the "I'm Here" stamp set and punched out the individual letters with the 1/4 inch square punch. Then I adhered them to the Chocolate Chip piece with two-way glue (it's just easier to manage with little pieces than SNAIL). The card itself is made from Kraft paper. I stamped the tree from "Lovely as a Tree" in Basic Brown on Whisper White CS, then sponged Chocolate Chip and Handsome Hunter ink all over it. I colored in the tree lightly with blender pens in Handsome Hunter ink as well. I stamped the "grand father" from the "Everyday Flexible Phrases" set and cut it out to fit the Hodgepodge Hardware piece. I mounted the tree piece on Creamy Caramel CS, then I adhered Chocolate grosgrain around the
whole thing. I attached the hardware and sentiment with brads through the whole thing, then attached that to the card.

1 comment:

Diane said...

It is a gorgeous card,but maybe if you would of put your sentiment on a white cardstock,like you said the letters look out of place maybe,but it's stil very nice TFS!!