Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day


How cute are my boys? The flash caught the picture a bit - sorry about that! This is the gift that my husband and father-in-law received for Father's Day. (My mom also got this for her birthday!) The boys (Noah and Adam) got their pictures taken for their birthdays. Noah is one and Adam is three now, so I decided to scrapbook them a bit before I gave them out to family. I tried to find cardstock that matched the colours in the photos, so Noah has Barely Banana as a base and Adam has Sage Shadow. Both are matted on black CS, then I added photo corners (I used a square punch for these). Noah's are Close to Cocoa and Adam's are Naturals Ivory. Then I punched flowers with the Spring Bouquet punch in Spring Flowers and Enchante designer paper. These are held on with pewter brads from the hodgepodge hardware set. Then I stamped the sentiments in Basic Black from "Love Matters" (out of the recent Winter Mini catalogue). I found the acrylic frames at the dollar store, so that finished them off.

This card is for my father-in-law. I actually started with the Always Artichoke oval, since I found it in my scraps tray. I chose Kraft, Close to Cocoa and Whisper White to complement it. All my masculine cards are made with Lovely as a Tree since that's the only non-girly set I have (I hope there are some great new masculine stamp sets in the new catalogue!). I stamped the tree in Basic Brown and shaded it in with Artichoke and Cocoa using blender pens. Then I cut out the oval and used direct to paper with Artichoke around the edges. For the words, I used the alphabet in the I'm Here set in Artichoke ink, then punched out the letters with the 1/4 inch square punch. I adhered these to a strip of Artichoke CS and stuck that on the card. It needed something on the end of the strip, so I stamped a little leaf and punched it out with the 3/4 inch circle punch. The hemp twine goes through a hole I punched in the fold of the card and ties around.


This card on the right is not my design - we made it at our large group meeting a couple of weeks ago.

As an aside, I am part of an awesome upline, led by Christy Harsch. She holds bi-monthly meetings for her entire downline, which is a few hundred, so we can learn new techniques, be rewarded for promotions and sales and do great make & takes. It is a great group to be a part of!

Anyway, this was one of our make & takes. I'm afraid I don't know the name of the person who designed it, as there are several people on the make & take committee, but it's a really cute father's day card that I gave to my husband. It's a 6 x 6 card, so you can scrapbook in it if you like (I didn't have time to!). It's made of Kraft paper and stamped all over in Creamy Caramel with the Stamp of Authenticity set. Then we stamped the checklist on white CS in Chocolate Chip, cut it out and adhered it with a Stampin' Dimensional. We crimped a piece of Creamy Caramel, folded it over and attached the "DAD" with brads (which was stamped in Chocolate Chip with the Headline Alphabet set). We stamped "1 GR8" in Chocolate Chip. There is also a little piece of magic mesh in the corner (I think it's Linen, but it could be Natural).

I suppose that's enough information for now! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: