Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In Full Bloom Buckle Card

First of all, thank you to "dd2njoy" for your kind comments (there's no link on your comments for me to respond to, so I'll thank you here!). I do appreciate the positive feedback! And to all of you who have left comments, thank you so much. It's nice to know that someone is looking! I also had a request to be able to subscribe to my blog (I'm so excited and flattered!), so if you would like to receive updates via email, click on the link to the right.

Anyway, this is a card I made to demo at some of my workshops. I wanted to showcase the watercolor wonder crayons to show how beautiful they look! I made a buckle card for this one and used the In Full Bloom set (probably for the last time). I'm so sad this set is retiring. I used watercolor paper for the stamped images (stamped in Basic Black), then colored just a bit at the base of the images with the Soft Subtles watercolor crayons (I used Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana). Then I used the aqua painter to pull the color away from the base to the edges of the images. I matted the flower on Pretty in Pink and the belt on Certainly Celery. The pink inside of the card has the flower stamped in it that you can see when you open the card. The slot for the belt is made using the Word Window punch. You can't see in the picture, but I rounded the belt corners with a corner rounder punch. The "Thinking of You" sentiment is from the Warmest Regards hostess set. For instructions on how to make a buckle card, click here. They are so simple and quick to do - I just love making them!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks Shannon,I love your card!
The colours go great together!TFS!