Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Mom's Birthday Card

Hi Mom! I hope you don't see this before Friday! Happy Birthday!

I loved this card design of Rose Ann's from Paper Delightz (see Stamp Club Cards, below) so I copied the design using different cardstock and colors. I used the Enchante designer paper (I know, it's from the Winter Mini, but I'm hoping they put it in the new catalogue!). I embossed the flower from the Seeing Spots classy brass template into Pale Plum CS. The card itself is Perfect Plum. I stamped the flowers from "Simply Said" in Perfect Plum as well. The flower matting is Pale Plum and Sage Shadow. (I think next time, I will make the Sage the larger matte with the Pale Plum underneath so there's contrast with the Plum embossed piece.) I used Eggplant grosgrain and scalloped the Perfect Plum CS with the Slit punch (again, see Stamp Club Cards for scalloping instructions) for accents. The flower stems are punched with the paper piercing tool. I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment with "Everyday Flexible Phrases" in Perfect Plum.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Nice,I love how your circled flowers match your dp! Lovely card!