Monday, June 4, 2007

Stamp Club Cards


This card was designed by Rose Ann. She has a great blog! My stamp club will be making this card, along with two others. I used the Petals & Paisley designer paper for the bottom part of the card. The top is dry embossed with the Seeing Spots classy brass template on Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I made a scalloped edge in Always Artichoke using my Slit punch, then put a strip of Old Olive over top. I stamped the flower outlines from the Polka Dots & Paisley set in Tempting Turquoise ink, then punched them out with the 1 1/4 circle punch. I fastened a silver brad to the bottom of each flower, then I adhered them with dimensionals and used the paper piercing tool to punch the holes for stems. Turquoise grosgrain finished it all off.


This is a card I received from Sherry Roth, who is in the same downline as I am with Stampin' Up! She is very talented! I had to copy the card to show my stamp club! I used Basic Black as the base of the card, accented with Almost Amethyst and Lavendar Lace cardstock. I put an eyelet in the Amethyst paper and threaded white organdy ribbon through it. For the flower, I stamped in white craft ink on Basic Black using the In Full Bloom set (which I am very upset to see retiring!). I then colored it in with metallic art pencils. I really like the effect of the metallic pencils on the black cardstock.


This final card is a pocket card. I got the directions from Splitcoast Stampers. I used Pretty in Pink as the card base, then rounded the corners with my corner rounder punch. I used the Spring Flowers designer paper to decorate the card and message insert. The flap is stamped from the Simply Said set (my new favourite set!) with Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip ink. I used the faux metal technique to make the flower using gold embossing powder. I used the flower from the Petal Prints set, but I think next time I will use a flower from Simply Said so it matches the paper better. Light pink grosgrain ribbon finished it all off.

No comments: