Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Couple of Christmas Cards

I finally got some stamping done last night with my new goodies! I'm trying to plan my fall classes, so I wanted to come up with some Christmas cards that would be good for stamp-a-stacks (not too complicated, but still fancy-looking and easy enough to make a whole bunch of them in an evening!). Here are a couple that I came up with. I'm really liking the Stampin' Around wheel a lot lately, so you'll see that here!

This card uses the new Big on Christmas set (I'm loving it!) and the new Christmas Chatter jumbo wheel. I used Real Red, Handsome Hunter and Whisper White for this card. For the ornament in "Noel", I stamped whole word in Basic Black, then stamped the ornament again on a separate sheet, coloured it with Stampin' Write markers and cut it out. I coloured the N, E and L, then adhered the ornament to the word with a dimensional. For the "do not open until Christmas" circle (which is from the Perfect Presentation hostess set), I used the markers to ink the stamp, then stamped it on white. I punched it out with my 1 1/4-inch circle punch, matted it on Hunter, then punched that out with the 1 3/8-inch punch. This is also adhered to the card with a dimensional.

I think this card is so cute! I used Whisper White as my card base and rolled the Snowflake wheel around the edges with Bravo Burgundy ink.

Then I took a piece of Bravo Burgundy and punched three holes in it with the 1 1/4-inch punch. I got another piece of Whisper White and stamped the snowman head from Frosty three times (I tried to estimate where the punched out burgundy circles would line up). I coloured the heads with Bashful Blue, Bravo Burgundy and Handsome Hunter Stampin' Write markers. Then I adhered the Burgundy hole-y piece over the snowman heads so they peeked out of the holes. I stuck this whole thing to the white card base. For the tag, I stamped the sentiment from Flaky Friends in Bravo Burgundy on Bashful Blue cs and punched it out with the Small Tag punch. (Flaky Friends is a set I was eying last year, and I finally just decided to buy it this year!) Then I layered it on Handsome Hunter and punched that out with the Tag punch. I stapled a bit of burgundy grosgrain between the two layers (I would have put it on top, but it covered the words up). I adhered the tag to the card with a dimensional (I'm getting a lot of use from my dimensionals!).

These are a couple of the cards that I will be doing at workshops and stamp-a-stacks in the fall. If you're interested in signing up for a class or hosting a workshop, let me know!

I'll have time to stamp some more tonight, so I'll post more goodies tomorrow! I also just got the Wondrous Gift set, so I'm itching to use that tonight! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Heather P. said...

Both of these are too cute and fun!

Rose Ann said...

These are some awesome projects for your SAS! Everyone will love them for sure!

Corie said...

So cute -- especially love the snowman one.