Saturday, September 1, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #17

Here is my card for Beate's challenge. As luck would have it, it also qualifies for Barb's Bingo Challenge (use In Colors and use punches).

I used the Soft Sky textured cardstock as the card base. It is a 5 x 5 square card. For the circle, I used Wintergreen designer paper. I cut it out and mounted it on Blue Bayou. I used my Creative Memories cutter to cut the circles (ssh! - it's not SU!) Then I embossed the flourished from Priceless with white embossing powder onto the circles. I cut part of the circle off afterward so it fit on the card.

The butterfly is also from Priceless. I stamped it in VersaMark and embossed it with white embossing powder as well. Then I punched it out with my new SU! scallop punch. The sentiment is from the Garden Silhouettes hostess set, also embossed with white EP on Blue Bayou cardstock. I punched it out with my small oval punch and put it in a pewter hodgepodge hardware piece, set with brads onto the strip of Wintergreen paper. I put the Blue Bayou ribbon onto the Wintergreen paper as well before adhering the whole thing to the card base. Then I attached the circle and the butterfly afterwards.

I know it's monochromatic again, but I love the look of one colour family together, and I love the Soft Sky/Blue Bayou combo!

11 comments:

Alex said...

Very very pretty Shannon - love it! Now, I am off to make a card for the challenge to *wink*

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Shannon, that turned out great! I love the soft colors you picked!
Thanks so much for trying out the sketch! Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty! LOVE these colors. :)

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love the colours!! Love what you did with Beate's sketch!!

Crestajune said...

what a beautiful card. I love the monochromatic look and the Priceless set. so lovely!

Clare said...

Love the blues in this card and the stamps are fab!

BarbK said...

Oh yeah, this is what I'm talkin' about. Beautiful card and such gentle colours.

Deb said...

This is a really pretty card, the colours are gorgeous.

The Cryer Family said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours

wanda box said...

very pretty thanks for sharing I love the colors

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors! Thanks for the extra bingo number.