Saturday, September 8, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #18

I just love Beate's sketch challenges! I don't often just make a card for no reason, but her challenges give me an excuse to play! Here's my card for this weekend's challenge.

Again, I went monochromatic! One day I'll deviate, but for now I prefer this look! The card base is Brocade Blue. I used my color spritzer to spray Night of Navy ink all over it. Then I used TP technique again (I love this look!) with Night of Navy ink on Mellow Moss cs. The big spiral stamp is from In the Spotlight, stamped again in Night of Navy on TP'd Mellow Moss. I punched it out with the scallop circle punch, then matted it on navy cs (cut out with my Creative Memories cutter kit). I used navy grosgrain as an embellishment and stamped the "thanks" from Much Appreciated in navy at the bottom.

I didn't want to add anything over the Mellow Moss panel to cover up the texture, so I think the card unintentionally turned out quite masculine, which is great because I always struggle with masculine cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great card for the sketch challenge! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Have a great week
Hugs and smiles