Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Guest and a Baby Card

It's been a busy few days! We have a guest staying with us for two weeks - she arrived yesterday from Germany. My husband's school participates in a student exchange program with a school in Germany, and last year my husband went with the students (while I stayed home eight-and-a-half months pregnant and a two-year-old running around - but that's another story, and I'm not at all bitter! LOL!). He stayed with a teacher and her family there and they were so wonderful to him. Now she's here with her students and she will be staying with us for a few weeks. She's a very nice lady, so I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

Needless to say, I haven't been able to get much stamping done lately, and I probably won't for awhile since she's staying in our basement guest room. All my craft stuff is in the basement, and I don't want to intrude on her space, so I'll try to sneak some stamping time in when she's off with the students! I'll try to get some things posted, but they may be sporadic, so I hope you'll still check in once in awhile and bear with me!

In the meantime, here's a baby card I made for a friend's shower this weekend.

I think I've mentioned before that the only baby set I own is I'm Here, so all my baby cards are made with this stamp set! I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge #19 from a few weeks ago for this design. I used Bashful Blue for the card base, then sprayed it with my color spritzer and Not Quite Navy marker. I then layered Brocade Blue and then Whisper White. The hand is stamped in Night of Navy, stamped off once. The sentiment is from Holidays and Wishes, stamped in Night of Navy. For the strip across the bottom, I layered Night of Navy, Brocade Blue and navy grosgrain ribbon, then put three Brocade Blue brads in the left side (from the Rich Regals brads).

Well, I hope you like it, and hopefully I'll be able to get some more stuff up here soon!

Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!

8 comments:

My Paper World said...

Love the sweet little handprint! very cute card!

Alex said...

This is so sweet Shannon, I adore that hand print stamp! Enjoy your company! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jules said...

Really cute card, I love that stamp!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I love what you did with this card. This is my all time favorite set to use for a baby card. Thank you for sharing such a sweet card.

Corie said...

This is so adorable -- love it

Anonymous said...

Shannon, Oh how wonderful the experience will be. Enjoy your company. The baby card is so sweet. I have that set and I just love it.

Living Beyond said...

Shannon - everyboody oohhh'd and ahhh'd at the shower it was a beautiful card - they also oohh'd and ahhh'd at mine too but I had to confess that you MIL had made it for me :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this set, and the card is too cute! I really like to use 'wild about you' for baby stuff. Do you have that one? Enjoy your company!