Thursday, November 29, 2007

December Stamp Club Projects

I decided to focus on Christmas wrapping ideas for my Stamp Clubs in December. This month we will be making the following two projects. I will also be showing some ways to make bags and boxes pretty using their SU! supplies!
We will be making this cute little box using different designer papers with coordinating cardstock, along with a belly band to match. The lid of the box is a 5 x 5 square piece of Cerise designer paper, scored all around at 11/16 inches. Then just snip each corner on one side, fold in the the flaps and adhere. (I can show a more detailed tutorial if anyone's interested). The bottom is the same process, but with a 7 x 7 square sheet of Whisper White cardstock scored all around at 1 3/4 inches. The belly band is a 12 x 12 strip of Real Red cardstock. I folded it around loosely, then scored it after so it folded nicely. I used some Brilliant Blue to complement the red and white for the embellishment, which I made with the snowflake from All Through the Year and my scallop circle, 1 1/4" circle and 1 3/8" circle punches.
For this next project, I have to give all the credit to Teri (Big Ideas From a Little Girl). She showed a wonderful project here on her blog, and I totally CASEd it (Thanks, Teri!). I used the colours from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit because I think they're really fun and festive! My clubs will be making four different gift tags and this tag holder to keep them in using Bashful Blue, Real Red, Wild Wasabi and Pretty in Pink.

For the card, I started with a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock and cut it to 8 1/2" x 7 1/2". Then I scored it at 4 1/4" (as if it were a regular card), then turned it and scored it at 2" so there was a flap at the bottom. I folded this up and adhered the sides with sticky strip so that there's a pocket inside the card to slip the tags into. Then I decorated the front with my Big Deal Alphabet set and the Merry & Bright set from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. I punched out the images with my 1 1/4" circle punch, then matted them and punched them out with my 1 3/8" circle punch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, these are soo cute! What a great box...I might have to try that too! ;) You sure came back quick from being sick. Great work!

Teri said...

Hi Shannon! Your projects turned out cute! Glad you got some inspiration from my tag project...almost done with your surprise! Aloha, Teri

Diane said...

Two nice projects!!! Those tags are gorgeous!!!

tyrymom29 said...

great idea TFS!!!!

Jules said...

Wow, so cute, the box & the tags are great!

My Paper World said...

Such cute projects!