Sunday, December 16, 2007

Stampin' for the Kids

I have to just say how inspired I am by all the generous things people are doing for others this holiday season. For example, Teri (Big Ideas from a Little Girl) asked for people to send her socks, which she donated to the seniors' centres in Hawaii.

About a month ago, Candace (Crazy for Papercrafts) offered some blog candy for people who told her what they would be doing to help others this Christmas. Her idea for herself was to make cards for children to colour and to donate to the Children's Hospital in her area. Well, I was so inspired by her that I decided to copy her idea! Thanks, Candace!

Last week, my MIL, Margo, came over and we stamped cards like crazy all afternoon. We put together these packages of four cards with a box of crayons that we will be delivering to the Stollery Chlidren's Hospital here in Edmonton so the kids can colour them. The first card is actually a little flip book that Margo made using the retired set Mixed Up.

I challenge all of you to think of something you can do to bring some joy to others this Christmas, and please post a comment here to let us know what you decide to do or what you have already done!

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me... the King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" (Matthew 25:35, 36, 40)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea, Shannon!

tyrymom29 said...

How special WOW!!!

Angel said...

Great job.... I think I may do something like this one day!
BTW, you've been tagged....
see my blog... www.angelosity.blogspot.com.
Have a great day, blog buddy!

Diane said...

That's great Shannon!!!It's so nice of you!!

Candace said...

Shannon your cards for the children are beautiful. I'm so glad that you were inspired to do this. Yesterday I opened my email and an employee of the children's hospital I sent cards to had sent me photos of the children coloring and displaying their cards. It was just so good to see their smiles and it's inspired me to keep doing projects like this. You've brought joy and fun to children's hearts too this year and that is REALLY what Christmas is all about.

Christmas wishes,
Candace

Lee said...

What a fantastic idea!! I love it!! And thanks to Diane for pointing me to your blog!! :)