Monday, January 14, 2008

Valentines Swaps Finally Finished!

I finally finished my cards for Candace's Valentines swap. This is the first swap I've participated in, so I was very nervous, hoping my cards would be good enough! I hope these are alright. The swap is for 3 x 3 valentine cards using current SU! products.

I started with Whisper White as the base, then layered on some Pretty in Pink that I had dry embossed with the flower on the Priceless classy brass template. I put some Real Red grosgrain ribbon across the front. The stamped image is from Happy Heart day, stamped in black Staz-On. I coloured it in with Real Red and Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write markers.

The only place I cheated a little bit was with the flower that I put through the heart - I would have used the flowers from the SU! Pretties kit, but I didn't have enough for all eleven cards, so I just used some little flowers I found at Michaels. But I would have dyed the little flower with Pretty in Pink ink had I used the Pretties kit. It's attached with a silver brad. Then I layered the stamped piece onto some Real Red and attached it to the card with dimensionals.

There you have it! I'm looking forward to seeing what other people made for this swap.

16 comments:

BarbK said...

Shannon, anyone who is participating in this swap will enjoy receiving these beautiful cards. They are excellent, so stop worrying!

Deborah said...

These are loving sweet! Hope nobody peeks! Deb

Alex said...

Wow! Shannon, I wish I was in this swap - these are totally and utterly adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

tyrymom29 said...

These are way too cute !!!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable Shannon!!!

Stamping Moments said...

Shannon, these are just so beautiful. luv jennyx

Kathy W said...

Oh, these are very pretty and look like wonderful swap cards. The dry embossing is such a nice touch. Looks like a lot of work here! Thanks for sharing and adding an extra bingo number.

Kelly said...

Shannon;
These are so cute. TFS
Kelly

Lori Barnett said...

Ok...FINE!!! You win!!! How did everyone except ME get Valentine stuff created?! ha ha ha ha These are SO CUTE!!! I love this new stamp set. My is sitting here waiting for me :)

Lee said...

Those are absolutely precious!!! I've got to come check out your blog more often.....I love it!!

Becky Elfert said...

Wow! You've been busy. They're such cute little Valentine's. I'm sure everyone in the swap will love them.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow these are brilliant great job ,Dawnx

Woman in the Tent said...

Beautiful!

Diane said...

Oh Shannon they are super adorable!

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen you in a while...hope all is well. When you get back, I tagged you. ;)

My Paper World said...

These are sooooo cute Shannon!