Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

Thank you to all of you who have commented on my birthday blog candy. Remember you have until midnight tonight to get a comment on this post. As an aside, can someone please tell me how to respond to a comment by email? I would like to respond to some people, but I cannot figure out how to email them and include their comment! I would really appreciate any help!! Thanks in advance.
Here are a couple of Easter/Spring cards. I was asked by one of my friends to come into her work place during a lunch hour so she and her co-workers could make a couple of cards for Easter (though some wanted Spring cards instead). So I admit that I totally CASEd these cards from the Splitcoast gallery. I wanted to use Never-Ending Joy, but I just couldn't come up with something on my own!

For this card, I CASEd this one by Gabby89, but I switched the paper to the Bashful Blue Prints designer series paper (from the Level 1 hostess gifts) and Bashful Blue, Perfect Plum and Regal Rose cardstock. The tulip is from Garden Whimsy, and I added some Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon behind the images. The flower stem is stamped in Wild Wasabi.







For this card, I CASEd this one by momtocnjn, but I used Never-Ending Joy instead. I kept the Certainly Celery and added Barely Banana, and I switched the ribbon to Pretty in Pink. And instead of designer paper, I just used my Itty Bitty Backgrounds with Barely Banana ink (on Barely Banana cardstock) for some texture. I always forget I have those stamps, but they just add that extra something!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like these.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Shannon........they are beeeeautiful!!! The soft colors.....I am lovin' those itty bitty bg's too!!!

Alex said...

These are totally beautiful Shannon - love the soft colors and the papers, very spring! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tracy.H said...

These are so pretty! I love the first one though...might have to case that one myself. ;0)

Diane said...

Oh Shannon,those are gorgeous!! I
smell spring coming around just looking at them!!! TFS these beauties!!

Anonymous said...

These cards are beautiful! Love the spring colors and the itty bitty bkgrd! ;)