Monday, March 17, 2008

Criss Cross Recipe Cards

Wow! What a crazy couple of weeks! Sale-A-Bration has kept me very busy!! I'm a little sad that today's the last day, but also a bit relieved that I can slow down a bit. No workshops booked this week! Maybe I'll have time to play!

At my last Stamp Club, we made Criss Cross cards, and we were talking about how great these would be for recipes when you make a meal or bake for someone. Well, my friend, Sherri, had ordered the In the Kitchen of set, and we realized it would fit perfectly on the inserts! So, of course, I ordered it too and set to work. I decided these would be perfect thank you cards for my Epicure Selections hostesses!

I used the Summer Picnic paper (what else?) with Real Red, Bashful Blue and Old Olive. I found a short recipe in my Epicure cook book (this really is a small stamp - not a lot of room for a big recipe, but I suppose you could use the back of the card too). And isn't it cool that you can write the recipe in with Stampin' Write markers and have the writing match the paper? :) (Yes, I'm a little bit obsessive-compulsive! LOL!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so great! The DP looks so pretty and that is so neat how the stamp fits perfectly in the criss cross card! Beautiful!

I really don't know how I missed so much on your blog...where have I been?! Sorry!

Lee said...

These are awesome Shannon!! I just love making Criss Cross cards and now I'll definitely have to make some into recipe cards!! And I sure love that new summer dp!!

Deborah said...

Fantastic criss cross cards for your recipes! You are brilliant! Yummy! Deb

Catherine said...

this came out soo cute!

jjcreations said...

Hi, visiting for the first time...I like these criss cross cards....haven't made them yet....think I must. Joan, from outside Edmonton

Alex said...

These are so awesome Shannon - I have to CASE these for a class, they are too adorable!! Love what you did here, girl!! And of course, I will give you FULL credit *wink*

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is a fabulous idea. Perfect for my sister!

Corie said...

These are just FANTASTIC -- love them!!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi, What a wonderful way to do a recipe card and a thank you at once. Jennie