Friday, April 18, 2008

Thank You Boxes

Thank you all for your kind comments about my cat. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. We really miss her, but it's much more sanitary around here now!

On a happier note, I was able to make some gifts this week for the ladies in one of my Stamp Clubs, as it was our last meeting of the year on Tuesday. I decided to make these 2-5-7-10 boxes for them and fill them with treats.

I used Brushed Gold cardstock for the boxes, and I embossed the flourish from Priceless all over the cardstock with gold ep before folding them up. This took a lot longer than I thought it would! But I'm pretty happy with the results. I tied the box with Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon.

For an embellishment, I embossed the flower from Priceless onto some more gold paper and punched it out with my 1 3/8" circle punch. I layered this onto Very Vanilla and punched it out with my Scallop Circle punch. Then I put the whole thing on with a dimensional. The tag is the thank you stamp from the For a Friend hostess set, embossed in gold and punched out with the Key Tag punch. I tied these to the ribbon with some gold elastic cord (I know it's retired, but it matches the boxes!). I put some candies, a tealight and an incentive stamp in each box as a thank you.

A huge thank you to all those ladies who participated in my Tuesday night Stamp Club. It's been such a fun year!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Oh wow!!! These are just gorgeous Shannon!!!! I've never tried making one of these boxes, but I'm inspired to!!!!

Alex said...

Holy moly Shannon - these are absolutely gorgeous....they are very lucky to be receiving these and wow! will they love them!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane said...

Oh my goodness Shannon those are extremely gorgeous!!!!! I love gold embossing,it looks so rich!!!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are stunning gift boxes! They will love them!