Monday, July 28, 2008

Tamara's Sketch Challenge #54

This is a card I made for Tamara's Sketch #54. I really didn't deviate at all from her sketch - right down to the butterfly image! I'm so not creative! Actually, I searched through my stamps, and I didn't want to use a flower, so all that left me was butterflies. I really need to order some new stamps! (Luckily, the new catalogue will be here in a couple of weeks!!!)

Anyway, I CASEd Alex and used one of my scallop circle note cards. I decided to go for quick and simple for this card because I plan to make a bunch of them to use up my note cards!

I added a circle of designer paper that I found in my stash (so I'm afraid I don't know who makes it). Then I added some rectangles of Basic Gray and Whisper White that I faux-stitched with my paper piercer and Pale Plum Stampin' Write marker. The butterfly is stamped in Basic Gray on the white, then I stamped it again on a scrap in Pale Plum, cut it out and adhered it on top of the gray one. Finally, I tied some linen thread around it and tied a Pale Plum button through the thread.

Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Lee said...

That is such cute dp! And a wonderful circle card!! I haven't made many of those and you've inspired me to try it again!!!

Diane said...

It's so lovely Shannon!!! Love the dp!