Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Couple of Journals

Whew! I'm finally resting a bit from my New Catalogue Open House last week. What a fun time! Thank you to everyone who came. I really appreciate your support. A big congratulations to Susan K. who won my grand door prize draw! Susan won the Level 3 Holiday Happenings Bundle, along with some Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss cardstock and ink pads and a one-inch circle punch. And congratulations to Jackie T., who won the Questionnaire prize draw of an embellishment kit and to Kirsten S., who won the Catalogue Scavenger Hunt prize draw of a Scallop Notes Stationery Pack!

I've been madly planning some fall classes, and I decided to do things a bit differently this year. My brilliant SIL, Wendy, came up with the idea of doing a class where you can make some little Christmas gifts for people, so I've come up with a create-your-own class where people can choose four of nine different projects, invite some friends over and everyone will get to make the four items.

The journal and pen set is a classic that I've been making since I started with Stampin' Up!, and I've tried to improve it over time. This is one of the projects you can choose from for the class.

I found a tutorial (I'm afraid I forget where - it was months ago) about how to remove the coils so you can adhere the paper at the edge of the notebook, which looks a lot neater than lining it up by the coils! This is a notebook that I CASEd from sluman on Splitcoast Stampers. I think it was made at Convention. It uses the new Bella Rose designer paper (LOVE IT!) with some Pink Pirouette cardstock, Pretty in Pink grosgrain and a flower from the Pretties kit. I used the new scallop edge punch on the centre strip and poked holes in the scallops with my paper piercer.

For the second notebook, I went with Summer Picnic dsp and added some Bashful Blue grosgrain, a strip of Real Red cardstock and an Old Olive scallop circle punch.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I am so very glad your Open House went so well - WOW! you are very generous with your giveaways!! And, your notebooks are totally cute, what a great idea!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deborah said...

I would love to be able to create this notebooks with the spiral in the paper such as you did! I guess you need a special tool! Deb