Friday, October 10, 2008

Designer Flowers

When I saw these tag punch flowers in this month's Stampin' Success magazine, I knew I had to make them. Yes, I'm a chronic CASEr. I even copied the cards from the magazine (I did change the colours, though!)

To make the flowers, use the small tag punch to punch eight tags out of designer series paper (Bella Rose and Summer Picnic here). Fold them in half vertically, then fold the top half back from the bottom-left corner to the top of the vertical fold on a diagonal. There is a 1 3/8" circle as the base, to which I adhered the "petals". Then punch a 1 3/8" circle out of textured cardstock (Riding Hood Red and Bashful Blue) to cover the center of the flower.

The flower image in the center circle is from Simply Said, covered with a button tied with linen thread (Button Bouquet and Soft Subtles, respectively).

I think I'll be making a lot of these

Blessings to you,

3 comments:

Joy said...

cute idea...I just may have to try this...thanks for sharing =)

Diane said...

Those look awesome Shannon!

Lee said...

Wow!! Those are gorgeous!! I'm gonna have to add that punch to my wishlist now!! LOL