Monday, October 20, 2008

Sparkly Christmas

I've been planning some Christmas projects lately, and I bought a whole bunch of Christmas ornaments to decorate. Then I had to figure out how to decorate them! Well, Amy has an amazing tutorial for making glittery Christmas ornaments. I just had to try them! We'll be making this at my downline meeting on Wednesday, and I'm thinking that this will be one of my Christmas classes.

They do use a lot of glitter, so I'll be ordering tons of that! I did mine a little differently than Amy. I used a little spray bottle to spray some water into the ornament first, then added about eight drops of reinker (Bravo Burgundy and Mellow Moss). I swished the water around and drained it, then added the Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I tied some Whisper White taffeta ribbon around the top and added some silver cord to hang them with.

I'm just loving these! I think there will be a whole bunch on my tree this year!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Joy said...

great idea! I was wondering if I should make my own ornaments...my boss makes smaller trees...maybe I could use the smaller ornaments to decorate them and make my own!! thanks for the link to the instructions...nice colors you chose for your ornaments =) TFS!

Denise Clark said...

Love these! So sparkly!

And you've been tagged! For details go to http://stampingvacation.blogspot.com