Monday, May 18, 2009

May Scrapbook Club Layout

First of all, I apologize for the quality of this photo - I always find it so hard to photograph scrapbook pages! There must be a trick to it!

Anyway, we're doing a baby layout this month at Scrapbooking Club, partly because almost half of the ladies in the club are expecting babies or have recently had one (congratulations, Kirsten!). I really wanted to use the new Circle Scissors Plus circle cutter, so I thought this would be a cool way to get to play with it! I cut multiple circles, starting at two inches and working up in half-inch intervals.

I also wanted the page to be gender neutral since some ladies don't know whether they're having boys or girls, so I used the Tea Party designer series paper, which has Barely Banana, Certainly Celery and Almost Amethyst in it (perfect baby colours!). I really like the multiple square layout for baby pages because there are always so many photos of our babies and you can fit lots of them on this layout! I rounded the corners of the squares to tie them in with the circles.

For our title, we're going to use the new Jumble Alphabet set (which is on sale this month!), punching the letters out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and layering them on 1 3/4" circles of designer paper. I also stamped some images from the Nursery Necessities set on Whisper White, punched and/or cut them out, and adhered them with dimensionals. I'll have a bunch of baby sets available at club so the ladies can choose whatever images they want to accent their pages.

Now I just need to come up with a scrapbooking lesson for tomorrow and we'll be all set!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Alex said...

What a fun layout!! I love how you used the cutter, too too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise Clark said...

Shannon, great layout! I love the circles! They look terrific! I love that there is lots of room for the photos!