Monday, July 27, 2009

Basic Butterfly

My wonderful husband gave me a day of stamping today, so I've been holed up in the basement all morning playing with my new stuff! It's been a long time since I've participated in any challenges, so that was my goal today! I'll post the cards I came up with throughout the week.

For this card, I combined two challenges: Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge (WSC90), hosted by Laurie this week, and Stamp Something's Bug's, Butterflies and Other Winged Somethings Challenge.

I know this was sketch was supposed to be a square card, but I altered it to standard card size so I can mail it easily if I need to.

I pulled out some Nouveau Chic designer series paper (isn't it gorgeous?) and paired it with Basic Gray for this card. I inked the edges of the dsp with to give them some texture and used the Ticket Corner punch for the corners. I wrapped some Whisper White Taffeta ribbon around the whole thing.

For the butterfly, I used my Beautiful Butterflies bigz die. The top layer is Whisper White, stamped with the flower stamp from Razzle Dazzle in Basic Gray (I stamped it off first). Then I used the Dazzling Diamond Dust technique with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I layered that onto a Basic Gray butterfly and put some Pewter brads from the Vintage Brads collection through them both. I attached them to the card with dimensionals.

The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched with the Word Window punch and layered to a Basic Gray piece that I punched with the Modern Label punch.

This card was a bit of a departure for me colour-wise! I've been making a lot of bright cards with In Colors lately, so it was nice to use some neutrals for this one. Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

2 comments:

Diane Noble said...

This is sooo pretty, Shannon. I wasn't really taken with that paper at first, but I'm starting to see some beautiful cards with it and yours is exceptional. I love the butterfly and hardware touches. A lovely card.

Allison Rankin said...

How cool is this? Love the color palette here!