Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Couple of Animal Stories

I must admit I was sad that Wild About You retired this year. But Stampin' Up! totally redeemed themselves by adding Animal Stories to their stamp set repertoire! And the matching Tall Tales designer series paper is so adorable!

I CASEd the first card from a very talented stamper, Christy Harsch, who also happens to be my upline's upline! :)

I started with Brilliant Blue as the base since it goes so nicely with the paper! I added a strip of Old Olive and a layer of Whisper White punched with the Eyelet Border punch. Then I punched out a piece of the designer paper with the 1 3/4" circle punch and adhered it to a large metal-edge tag. I adhered that to the card with a dimensional. Quick and easy!

For the second card, I again used Brilliant Blue (it's such a happy colour!). The image is stamped in the same colour and layered on some Rose Red cardstock. I added a couple of Rose Red brads with a loop of Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and adhered the whole thing to the card. I think these are really fun kids' cards!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Fab...love how you just used the DP for your focal image on that first one...smart girl!