Saturday, July 11, 2009

July Stamp Club Cards

Look at this! I'm actually posting the Stamp Club projects before we have Stamp Club! How impressive is that?

I've wanted to try this Crimped Envelope Pocket Card for awhile, and thought this would be a good month to do it! I think my new favourite colour is Rich Razzleberry! I used that with the gorgeous Soft Suede for this envelope. I stamped the images from Razzle Dazzle on the envelope, then sponged ink around the edges before crimping.

For the topper, I stamped and sponged some more, then wrapped some Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon around it. I cut a Soft Suede flower with the Simple Flower embosslit die and added a half pearl from the Pretties kit to the center.

For the card insert, I used Soft Suede Textured cardstock. I stamped and sponged some more on Whisper White and adhered that to the card base. I stamped the greeting with Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched it out with the Word Window punch. I then layered that onto a Modern Label Soft Suede piece.This second card uses the Scallop Square Medallion technique. I thought it would be cute with the new Animal Stories stamp set and Tall Tales designer series paper. I matched these with Crushed Curry as the card base. The whale is stamped with my Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write markers, and the greeting is from On Your Birthday (in Bermuda Bay). For the ribbon, I used some 5/8" So Saffron grosgrain.
Finally, by special request, we are doing the Split Negative Technique. I have posted this card before, so you can check here for the details if you'd like.

Since we'll end up with two images, I don't want the second to go to waste! So we'll also be making this simple gift bag using the second piece. For the bag, I just rolled the Symphony jumbo wheel across the bag with Basic Black and matted the violin image from Music Expressions on some Real Red cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope my club ladies will enjoy making these projects!


Blessings to you,

No comments: