Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Butterfly Tri Shutter Card

I have seen tons of these Tri Shutter cards on blogs, and I wanted to try one myself. It was actually pretty easy to make - it just took a long time embellishing the card! Bonnie has a fantastic tutorial here.

I usually don't make cards this complicated or embellished (I prefer a simple, clean look), but there are so many surfaces to this card that I had to fill them up with stuff!

Here's the recipe of stuff I used, and hopefully it makes sense from the photo how I used them!

Stamps: Great Friend, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: Rich Razzleberry textured cardstock; Cottage Wall designer series paper; Old Olive, Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry cardstock
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Embellishments: Little Leaves Sizzlets, Lots of Tags Sizzlets 4-Pack, Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon, Clips assortment, Designer Buttons (Playground, Sherbet), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, two-way glue pen, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots

I think that's everything! Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings to you,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon this is soo beauuuuu tiful!! It looks difficult. You made an awesome card. Smiles

Diane said...

Wow Shannon! You did a fabulous job with it!!!

Teri said...

Wow! Love this card Shannon! The colors are so pretty!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow Shannon...you did a super job here! Everything is in symbiosis here and doesn't look overdone...great work!

Stampin_melissa said...

Gorgeous! I know everyone says these aren't difficult I just haven't tried one yet. You may just have been the one to push me over the edge! ;D

Denise Clark said...

Shannon, this is an awesome card! I haven't tried one of these yet. You did a wonderful job. Looks like a lot of work. But it sure paid off. This is a beauty!

pescbrico said...

Your card is simply wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

That is a work of art.

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful. Love how you did it.
Linda Peterson

HazelQ said...

Beautiful card! I've seen this kind of card in different blogs and I've always wondered how to make one, it looks very very cute :)
I love the butterfly details!
Hugs
Hazel