Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Polished Stone Snowflakes


This is a card I made for a Christmas card swap that I'm participating in.  I can't wait to see all the cards the other ladies have made!

I've been wanting to do Polished Stone Technique with my stamp club, and I thought the Serene Snowflakes stamp set was perfect for this! 

I used Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Pale Plum and Silver re-inkers for the polished stone background on glossy white cardstock.  Then I embossed the snowflakes in silver over top.  I layered that piece on some Night of Navy cardstock and wrapped some Whisper White Organdy ribbon around it. 

To finish the card, I added some snowflakes that I punched with the Snowflake punch in Brushed Silver cardstock and Vellum paper.  I layered these and attached a clear rhinestone brad through them.  I put the whole snowflake piece on a Bashful Blue card base, stamped the sentiment from Four the Holidays in Night of Navy and voila!

Hopefully the other ladies in the swap like it!  My Stamp Club will be making this card either this month or next month (I haven't quite decided yet!).

Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

3 comments:

BarbK said...

Hey, Shannon, that is such a beautiful card! I love it.

Diane said...

Oh Wow! That is gorgeous Shannon!

Alex said...

What a beautiful card Shannon - very elegant! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex