Saturday, January 2, 2010

January Stamp Club Projects

Happy New Year Everyone!

It has been a long time since I've had a chance to do some stamping or posting.  It's been a crazy few months.  We put our house up for sale last June and have been busy cleaning and hoping for it to sell.  It hasn't sold, but we've decided to start building our new house anyway, so now it's been a whirlwind of deciding what flooring, lighting, paint, cabinetry, etc. we want in the new house, along with school, workshops, stamp clubs, church, Awana, Bible study, and all those other activities, I've barely had time to think, let alone stamp!  Maybe if I didn't spend so much time on Facebook...

So over the Christmas holiday, I at least had one afternoon of stamping.  I've planned my January club projects (ahead of time too!).  They all feature products from the new Occasions Mini Catalogue.  Here's what we're making:


I completely CASEd this card by Michelle Zindorf.  When I saw it on Splitcoast, I knew I had to make it!  What a unique technique.  I've never seen this before, and I know my Stamp Club ladies will love it!  I used Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, Dusty Durango and Real Red Ink, along with the new Vintage Vogue stamp set in Basic Black ink. Michelle gives a wonderful tutorial on this technique, so check out her blog if you want to see how. 

This second card is a matchbook post-its holder based on this tutorial on Splitcoast.  I wanted to make it more Valentine-y so I used the Love Bandit stamp set.  The image is stamped in Basic Black with Melon Mambo sponged around the edges.  I coloured this little guy in with my In Color Stampin' Write markers.

I have not used Melon Mambo very often, so I thought it was time to christen that ink pad and paper package!  I paired it with some Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper, Basic Black and Black gingham ribbon.  The eyelet border punch makes a great edge at the bottom of the matchbook, and I punched a little slot with the Horizontal Slot punch to tuck in one of the eyelet border pieces so the book stays closed.


This third card is yet another CASE, of this card by Debbie Naylor.  I thought it was just stunning when I saw it on Splitcoast.  I used Pretty in Pink with Rich Razzleberry, along with Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon.

I used the Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions folder with my Big Shot for the top layer, adding some purple Fine Cosmo glitter in the center of the flowers.

The heart stamp is from the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set, punched with the Full Heart punch.  There is a paper clip behind the heart, attached with a dimensional, that I tied the ribbon around.  The sentiment is from Well Scripted, stamped in Razzleberry.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I have more cards made that I'll schedule to post through January so that it looks like I'm blogging more!  Hopefully I'll be able to blog more regularly in the New Year!  One of my resolutions is to spend less time on Facebook and more time on more important things (like blogging!).

Blessings to you,
Shannon

1 comment:

Diane said...

Sure sounds like you have lots of your plate Shannon! Building your own home...sounds like fun!!!
Your cards are all beautiful,i'm sure the ladies will love to make these!!!
Happy New Year to you & your family!