Sunday, February 28, 2010

Masculine Patchwork

This is a card I made for a masculine swap that I'm in this week.  It is so difficult to come up with masculine cards!  I hope this works...  My Big Shot club will be making this card this month, along with a little box that I'll post tomorrow.

I was flipping through the Hostess Level 1 Patterns pack of designer series paper, and I thought all the colours in there looked pretty masculine, so I decided to do another patchwork card.  I've seen tons of these cards on Splitcoast, using the Top Note Bigz die, so here's my version!

 
I punched 1 1/4" squares of the designer series paper and glued them onto a Whisper White piece of cardstock before running it through the Big Shot.  I used Sahara Sand as the card base and Night of Navy to mat the Top Note piece.  For the tag, I punched a wide oval of Night of Navy and added a Sahara Sand Modern Label piece.  I used the Horizontal Slot punch to put holes at each end and threaded some Mellow Moss 1/4" grosgrain ribbon through it.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (what else?!).

Thanks for stopping by! 

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Alex said...

this turned out great Shannon - perfect for a guy card!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex