Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blossom Spread!

Before I begin, just a reminder that today is the last day to order out of the current SU! Idea Book & Catalogue!  Check my website for the retiring list, and you can order right from there if you'd like - just click "Shop Now" at the top right of the page (or contact me to order).

Now, onto the card!  This card uses the re-inker spread technique that I've seen on a few blogs.  My Stamp Club used this technique this month to create pansies using the butterfly punch (I'll post that soon!).
This card uses one of my favourite retiring colour - Pixie Pink!   I also mixed in some Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum. 

For the re-inker spread technique, here are the steps:
1. Punch your shape (large flower blossom here) out of Shimmery White cardstock.
2. Spritz the shape with LOTS of water (for this technique, the more water the better!).
3.  Place a few drops of re-inker on a plate (or I used an empty SU! button container).  Use your aqua-painter to pick up some re-inker.
4.  Touch the inked aqua-painter to the wet flower while squeezing it at the same time so the ink "flows" onto the flower.  Allow it to dry (you can use your heat tool to speed up the process) and finish your card.

To finish the card, I added some 1/2" circles and little flowers from the Itty Bitty punches, along with some Itty Bitty buttons to the flower centers.  I embossed the Certainly Celery piece with the Square Lattice embossing folder and wrapped some twill ribbon around it.  I stamped the ribbon in Pixie Pink and Perfect Plum with the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set.

The cool thing is that the flowers are shimmery after the ink dries because of the Shimmery White cardstock - very pretty in real life! 

My goal this summer, since my husband is home (he's a teacher, so it works very nicely for holidays!), is to post to my blog at least once a week!  I know I've been a bad blogger, so I'm hoping to get back into it now that I'll have a bit more free time!  Now if I can just stay off Facebook, I'll be fine! :)

Thanks for stopping by! 

Blessings to you,

No comments: