Friday, July 30, 2010

Come to Bethlehem!

I signed up for a Christmas in July swap where we are only supposed to use the new Christmas sets.  I signed up excitedly for two spots, thinking it would be easy.  The trick is that it's a One Layer Card swap!  It sounded simple, but it's much harder than I thought it would be to come up with a nice card that only has one layer (that layer being the card base!).

So for this card, I CASEd this card by Allee.  She used some layers, but I adapted it to be just the card base!

I used masking, brayering and sponging for this card.  I stamped the images from Come to Bethlehem in VersaMark on the Whisper White card, then embossed with silver embossing powder.  Then I tore some scrap paper to have a curved edge and used it to cover the bottom portion of the card.  I then brayered Marina Mist ink across the top portion.  After that, I moved the mask down a bit and sponged some Sahara Sand ink across the top.  I kept moving the paper down and sponging more ink to give a sand dune effect.  Finally, to finish off the card, I tied some Whisper White organdy ribbon around it.

I'm pretty happy with how this card turned out.  Hopefully the ladies in the swap will like it too!

Blessings to you,

No comments: