Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January Stamp Club Cards

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!  I'm such a bad blogger - I don't think I posted once all of December!  Perhaps one of my New Year's resolutions should be to blog more consistently... I'll see if I can find the time!

Anyway, here are the cards my Stamp Clubs will be making this month.  I'm loving all the new products in the Occasions mini catalogue, so we're using lots of them!

I CASEd a card created by Julia for this one.  She showed a cool technique using re-inkers and alcohol that I had to share with my club ladies.  You put a few drops of rubbing alcohol in a container (I use empty SU! brad containers), then a few drops of re-inker in the alcohol.  Then use a sponge or cloth to dab the colour over glossy white cardstock for this cool background.  I used Rose Red, So Saffron and Perfect Plum.  Then, I stamped all over it with the small flower from Flower Fancy in black Staz-On. 

The big flower uses a cool technique that I've learned a few places (including Julia), where you punch out the shape and run a bone folder over it several times until the paper starts to come apart at the edges.  Gently peel back the top layer to get a cool faux-suede-looking flower. 

The ribbon bunch is super easy - just put some sticky strip down and press the ribbon into it as you "loop" it across the front of the card.
I really wanted to use the heart treat cups this month to make a Valentine card, so here's what we're doing.  I borrowed this layout from Cindy and changed up the colours and the method for making the slider.  I like making treat cup cards that you can get the candy out of without ripping the card apart!  This one has the slider tab that you can pull out and get the candies out through a hole in the inside of the card.  (It will be filled with red & white M & Ms if I can find some for my club!)  I used the gorgeous new Real Red glitter paper for this one!  Isn't it pretty?  It goes so nicely with the Early Espresso.

And what Occasions mini stamp club would be complete without the new Petals punch and matching stamp set?  I had to pre-order this as soon as I saw it!

This card uses the Patterns paper from the Filled with Love bundle, along with Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Regal Rose and Certainly Celery.  I used Pretty in Pink satin ribbon across the bottom of the card, but I've ordered Rose Red seam binding which I hope will be here in time for my club on Monday because I think that would look better!

I hope the ladies like them!  Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm sure your stamp club ladies will love making these beauties!
They are all so lovely Shannon!
Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family!