Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Stamp Club Cards

I've got Spring Fever!  Even though it's still cold and snowy here, I've been itching to get out my spring stamps and colours and make some floral cards.  So we're having a spring theme this month!
I've been wanting to make a clear envelope brag book with this group for awhile, and I love the way the Springtime Vintage designer series paper looks for a little memory book.  I used the Baja Breeze dsp, cardstock and seam binding for this card, along with the Baby Blossoms and Define Your Life stamp sets.

This next card uses a cool technique I learned at one of my upline, Winona's, meetings.  I used my embosslits die to cut out the flower in Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight, then cut window sheets with the embosslits as well.  I attached a window sheet flower over each coloured flower with a Brights brad.  It makes a really fun, bright flower!  I finished off the card with some of the Sale-A-Bration Ice Cream Parlor designer series paper, some Polka Dot embossed Whisper White cardstock and Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, all layered on an Old Olive card.  The sentiment is from the Sale-A-Bration set So Happy For You, stamped in Old Olive as well.

I also thought it would be fun to make a waterfall card, and this one is a simple kid's birthday card.  I used a couple of stamp sets: Look Who's Turning and Animal Stories.  I used some fun kids colours from the Subtles colour collection: Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Rose Red.  For the card and designer series paper (from the Subtles Paper Stack), my club will have a choice of colours from the five listed above.  I also added some Subtles brads to hold the slider part in place.

Should be lots of fun!

Blessings to you,

No comments: