Thursday, April 7, 2011

April Stamp Club Cards

I have been challenged to come up with more masculine cards this month, as I usually do girly, flowery cards!  (And who can resist with the Springtime Vintage suite?!)  So, I hope these are more masculine fare (except for the Easter card).
Okay, this one has a flower, but the colours are more masculine and neutral!  This card was created by Lorna Raczynski, a talented demonstrator in our big WeCanStamp group.  I love all the texture in this card.  It uses Elegant Soiree designer series paper, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla cardstock and Crumb Cake seam binding.  The flower is made from a wood sheet, punched with the Fun Flowers die, then embossed with the Elegant Lines embossing folder in the Big Shot.  I then sponged Chocolate Chip ink over it.  The sentiment is from Curly Cute, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. To finish it off, there is a 1" Chocolate Chip circle covered with a Neutrals Collection button and some Very Vanilla 3/8" taffeta ribbon.
As soon as I saw this bunny on Christy Fulk's Easter basket, I knew I had to use him on a card!  How cute is he?  She gives a tutorial on how to make him at the above link (except I used Blushing Bride for the ears and nose instead of Pretty in Pink because it matched the designer paper better).

For the rest of the card, I used Whisper White, embossed with the Tulip Border embossing folder.  I added some gorgeous Paisley Petals designer series paper and stamped the image from Four Frames (both of which are a sneak peek from the new 2011 - 2012 Idea Book & Catalogue, on special this month). I wrapped some Whisper White Organza ribbon around the designer paper and punched the image with the Designer Label punch.  The greeting is from Something to Celebrate (level 2 hostess set in the Occasions Mini Catalogue, which can be yours if you host a workshop in April!).

The final card is another CASE, from the Occasions Mini catalogue.  I wanted to use the Game Spinner Hands for a Stamp Club project, and this is a cute masculine kids' card.  The base is Not Quite Navy, layered with some So Saffron Patterns designer series paper from the Subtles Paper Stack.  I punched the scallop circle out of Rich Razzleberry with the Scallop Circle #2 Big Shot die.  The image is from Take a Spin, stamped in Pear Pizzazz with Rich Razzleberry accents (I used my Stampin' Write marker for the accents, colouring directly on the stamp after I inked it with Pear Pizzazz).  The image was punched out with the fantastic new 2 1/2" Circle punch.  Some Pear Pizzazz ribbon finishes it off, along with a sentiment from On Your Birthday in Not Quite Navy.

I made this card 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" so the scallop circle could be above the top of the card and still fit into a standard envelope.

I'm very excited for Stamp Clubs this month!

Blessings to you,

1 comment:

Diane said...

Way to go on the masculin cards~!
I too have a really hard time with those!Don't we all!
Love that cute punch art bunny!