Saturday, June 11, 2011

June Stamp Club Cards (Part 2)

Here are the other two cards we're doing at Stamp Club this month.
I don't use my wheels often, but I love the new teacher/school-themed wheels in the Summer Mini catalogue!  I used a triple cell ink cartridge with Real Red, Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise for these Builder Wheels and rolled them on some Whisper White cardstock.  What a quick and easy main image!  I used the corner rounder punch and layered the main image on some Real Red cardstock.

To finish the card, I added an owl using the owl punch, and I stamped a greeting in Basic Black.  Some Basic Black satin ribbon finishes the card.

Since we've got these amazing coloured embossing powders, I wanted to try multicoloured embossing.  It's actually easier than I thought it would be.  I stamped the image from Elements of Style in VersaMark all over the Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then I sprinkled some of each embossing powder on it (Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo).  I tapped the excess powder into a new container, so now I have a container of multi-coloured powder!  When you heat set it, the colours just pop!

I layered the stamped piece onto some Wild Wasabi and then added a sentiment from Cute by the Inch that I inked with my Stampin' Write markers to mimic the multi-coloured embossed piece.  The sentiment is punched with the Postage Stamp punch and layered onto 1 1/4" and1 3/8" squares of Wild Wasabi and Tangerine Tango respectively.  I finished by tying some knotted Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain around the whole thing before adhering it to the Tangerine Tango base.

Hopefully the ladies will love all of these (and sign up for clubs again next year!  Hint, hint!)

Blessings to you,

No comments: