Saturday, July 23, 2011

July Scrapbook Club Layout (Canada Day!)

I'm very sad that my last Scrapbook Club meeting of the year is on Monday.  It's always bittersweet when the clubs come to an end.  Some ladies will be returning in the fall and some are taking a break for a year, so it's the last time we'll all be together for awhile.  (And I love all my ladies!)  At our last meeting, the girls requested a Canada Day layout, so here's what I came up with.
I used the Glorious & Free set for this.  I made the maple leaf using a cool new technique that I just learned.  I'm not sure what it's called, but I stamped the leaf in Real Red, then cut it out.  I covered it with Crystal Effects, then put a drop of Real Red ink (from my refill) in the Crystal Effects.  I used a toothpick to swirl the ink around, then let it dry.  It looks really cool in real life!

The rest of the layout is pretty straight-forward.  Here's a list of supplies:

Stamps: Glorious & Free
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Real Red Patterns designer series paper
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Crystal Effects, punches (Modern Label, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle, 3/4" Circle), Brights Buttons, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine

Thanks for reading!

Blessings to you,

No comments: