Friday, September 2, 2011

Christmas Rosette

I'm feeling very Christmas-y and it's only September!  I LOVE, love, love the combination of Real Red and Wild Wasabi that is very trendy this year!
I was inspired to create this card based on a Christmas box project that Stampin' Up! gave to all demonstrators who signed up in July or who had someone sign up with them in July.  I was fortunate to have someone join my team, so I got the box!  It is absolutely gorgeous, and I wanted to make a card to match.

I tried out the Embedded Image technique on the Top Note piece.  I used the First Editions dsp, stamped it with En Francais in Real Red, covered it with VersaMark and embossed it in clear embossing powder.  Then I stamped the branches from Christmas Lodge in VersaMark and embossed them with Wild Wasabi embossing powder.

For the ribbon rosette, I sewed along one edge of the Real Red striped grosgrain ribbon with linen thread and pulled it tight to create the flower.  I attached this to the card with a pop-up glue dot.  The sentiment piece is copied directly from the Christmas box project using the Pines & Poinsettias stamp set. 

I'm going to try not to overdose on Christmas cards before November this year, but I can't help myself!

Blessings to you,

No comments: