Friday, December 21, 2012

Some Non-Christmas Cards!

I know Christmas is only four days away, but I am honestly a little bit tired of making Christmas cards!  I started making them in August, so I'm feeling ready for something else! Luckily, my friend, Kennie, booked a stamp-a-stack last week where we made different occasions cards.  She wanted to make some cards to give as Christmas gifts so people would have an assortment to use throughout the year.  Here are the cards we made:
I love the bright colours in the Summer Smooches designer series paper!  This card screams "Happy Birthday" with Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade!  The images are from Bright Blossoms, and the sentiment is from Sassy Salutations.  Some Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon finishes off the card.
Okay, I admit the colours in this one are a bit Christmas-y, but I love Gumball Green and Raspberry Ripple!  The Gumball Green piece is embossed with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  The image from Fabulous Florets is stamped in Raspberry Ripple, and the greeting is from Word Play.  We also added some Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon.
I've had the Apothecary Art stamp set for awhile, and I think this is the first time I've used it!  It's so beautiful!  I used Wisteria Wonder and Basic Gray as the base colours, along with some Pretty in Pink polka-sot scalloped ribbon.  The image is stamped in Basic Gray, and we used blender pens with Pretty in Pink and Wisteria Wonder ink to colour in the flowers.  Of course, the Labels Collection framelits dies coordinate perfectly with the stamp set, so I had to use those!
This is our masculine birthday card.  I used Early Espresso as the card base, along with a layer of Very Vanilla cardstock.  The 1" circles are punched from the Orchard Harvest designer series paper.  The sentiment from Petite Pairs is stamped in Early Espresso on some Cajun Craze cardstock and punched with the Decorative Label punch.  At the stamp-a-stack, I also had out the Four Frames stamp set, so the ladies could stamp that on the label piece before stamping the sentiment.  It looks a lot better with the frame border!

I hope you enjoy these non-Christmas cards!  If I don't get a chance to post before then, Merry Christmas to all of you, and all God's blessings for a safe and prosperous New Year!

Blessings to you,

No comments: