Monday, February 11, 2013

February Stamp Club Cards

I apologize for not posting for awhile.  I got called in to substitute teach for my son's class for most of last week, so my home chores have fallen by the wayside!  My Stamp Club ladies are meeting tonight, and here are the cards we'll be making:
Of course, we have to make a Valentine's Day card, so I used the Hearts a Flutter set and More Amore designer series paper to CASE a double-fold spring card made by Kathy House (it's not online - I received the card from Kathy in a swap).  I used the 1-1/4" circle punch to make the peek-a-boo holes for the hearts, which are stamped in Pool Party, Real Red and Primrose Petals.  The side panel is embossed with the Sale-A-Bration vine embossing folder.  I added some Primrose Petals stitched satin ribbon and a jumbo rhinestone to finish off the card.
This card is one that was shown at Leadership (I wasn't there, but some ladies in my group brought back lots of photos!).  It uses the baby wipe technique with Midnight Muse, Pumpkin Pie and Lucky Limeade ink refills.  I scored the edges with the Simply Scored tool.  The stamp set is Feeling Sentimental (a Sale-A-Bration free set).
The final card is CASEd from the one in the Spring Catalogue.  I added a layer of Early Espresso to the Summer Starfruit layer, on which I stamped the Swallowtail butterfly image in VersaMark and embossed it with Pool Party embossing powder.  I then painted over the embossed image with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  To finish it off, I added some Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon and a neutral brad before layering it on a Crumb Cake card base.  The sentiment is from Bloomin' Marvelous (another Sale-A-Bration set).

Here's a close-up of the butterfly with shimmer paint:


Blessings to you,

No comments: