Friday, June 21, 2013

Candy & Coffee Teacher Gift

I can't believe I haven't posted since May!  Subbing is keeping me way busier than I had anticipated!  I guess it's a good problem to have.

Here is the teacher gift that I made for my boys' teachers this year.  The poem is all over the internet in lots of places; I just tweaked it a little bit to fit with Smarties instead of M & Ms.

I found the little jars at the dollar store, and they are the perfect size for a large bag of Smarties. 

I wrapped some washi tape around the lid (how perfectly easy is that?)  and punched an Island Indigo flower with the Fun Flowers Bigz die for the top of the lid.  The circle is punched with the 1-3/4" circle punch - it's the Sale-A-Bration designer series paper from this year.  I know it's no longer current, but I love the bright colours, and they go so well with the Smarties!  To finish it, I tied some white baker's twine through a Daffodil Delight button and adhered it with mini glue dots.
The finishing touch is the poem, which is on a card this large because I glued it to a gift card for Starbucks (the gift card came on a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of cardboard).  This would be the "coffee" portion of the gift!  I attached it to the jar by tying it with some Island Indigo baker's twine.

Hopefully the teachers will love their candy and coffee gifts!

Blessings,

No comments: